How does it work?

Step 1

Call and enquire to find out more and if you are eligible.

Step 2

To become a beneficiary of the project, businesses or individuals will have to register. There is a one-off business registration fee which will cover the three years of the project. A nominal registration fee is based on the number of members of staff
within that business. Businesses can include PAYE employees, and self-employed sub-contractors, under their registration banner.

Registration Fees

  • 1 – 2 employees £75
  • 3 – 10 employees £100
  • 11+ employees £150

Step 3

Once registered an experienced Focus on Forestry First representative will meet you to carry out a Business Skills audit and training development plan to help you identify the areas within your business that you wish to improve and develop. You will then receive a copy of the training plan for your approval.

Step 4

Implement your training plan through attending the Focus on Forestry First Seminars & Workshops (it is compulsory for each candidate to attend at least one workshop or seminar). Enrol on skills training courses that suit you (these can be provided by any Training company) 25% of the course fees will need to be paid in advance and the remaining 75% will be met by the project. Focus on Forestry First will fund 75% of a training course up to £1,000 per person per a course i.e. a training course costing £1,200 – we will fund 75% of £1,000 (£750 funding). There is a total cap of £3,000 actual funding (not £3,000 total training course cost) per person per year.

Step 5

As your business develops contact Focus on Forestry First to update your training plan.

What is Focus on Forestry First?